Thursday, January 2, 2014

Guess What...

I'm pregnant!...Yes, I was as surprised as you probably are, but it's honestly the best thing that could have ever happened to me.
For you experienced pregnant women, I'm in my 18th week today, and for everyone else, I'm in my 5th month.
We found out last week, we are having a little girl. Her name will not be disclosed until her arrival, so you'll have to wait ;)
Since I found out I'm pregnant, these last couple of months have been a roller coaster. Between the hormones, morning sickness, my ever-changing body, managing pregnancy brain, and doctor's visits to ensure our little girl is healthy, I'm finally settling in. The first 3 months were pretty brutal...I don't think I went one day without taking a nap or at least laying down once during the day. Some mornings I would wake up feeling just fine, and others, I felt like I would never get out of bed. Since I work a full time job, you can only imagine how hard it was, and still is, for me to get out of bed in time to get ready for work. I have learned to always carry a plastic bag in my car, as I've had to resort my make-up bag (don't worry I emptied the make-up out), and left over napkins to throw up in on my drive to work. Other times, I'd be in the bathroom at work dry-heaving as quietly as possible trying not to gross out anyone in the stall next to me. I know, I'm probably grossing you out right now, but I think you get the idea.
As far as my work out routine, I'm no super women, and have taken a week off here and there due to lack of energy. Besides that, I'm now taking a 1 1/2 hour yoga class once a week, running with my boyfriend and the dogs another night, and the other 2-3 nights attempt gym time. When I say attempt, I always bring my work out clothes to work, and depending on how I'm feeling by the time work is over, I'll head to the gym. I have also recently picked up tennis again, and can't wait to start going more often. As you know, tennis is a non-contact sport, so I can head to the courts with my boyfriend and get in a great work out! Not only is it a good sweat, but it's fun!!
I wanted to share a couple photos from a beautiful 4.5 mile hike my boyfriend and I did in Malibu on New Years Eve (another great pregnancy work out ;-)).

Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve, and very happy New Year to all of you!! :)

Cheers to Being Fit N Gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment