Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Because I Can't Stop

So lately I've been on the search for my next event! Currently, I'm maintaining my work-out regimen, but find myself falling behind and skipping a day here and there. It is time to shape up and get training! 

Here are a couple events I have in mind;

This is supposed to be one of the most scenic runs in the U.S. I have never run a full marathon before, only half marathons. Catalina Island is one BIG hill, so this run would definitely be challenging, but I LOVE a good challenge.


This is a triathlon and duathlon on the same day. Since I'm still struggling with my swimming, I would compete in the duathlon. I love the idea of incorporating a run and a bike, so I'm not ignoring my road bike for 4 months while training for a marathon run.

Back to the swimming issue; originally, I had planned on learning how to swim so I can compete in a Sprint Triathlon. But after my last swim session...I lost all hope. It may take me longer than I planned to learn all the swimming techniques and build strength. Swimming is a hurdle that I quite haven't cleared yet, and will continue to work for. 

Have any of you competed in these events? If so, I've love to hear your thoughts or advice:)

Cheers to Being Fit N Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment