Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We Are Warriors, Yes We Are!

This last weekend, on Saturday, I competed in the Oregon Warrior Dash! 

Not only did I compete in this challenge, I competed with some very important people in my life. My dad, my older sister, my boyfriend and  a few friends, were all a part of it. We started the run together and finished together.

This was my dad's first running event EVER! Crazy huh? But anyone out there with us, would think he was a professional. My dad, being in his 50's, was not about to let me out run him ;-) 

Needless to say, I am SO proud to be a part of such an active family. There is nothing better than running in such a thrilling, obstacle enduring, challenging course with the people you love most!

Physical fitness and health is a priority of mine, which I believe has been instilled in me by my parents. (Thank you mom and dad)



I found the photo above, and immediately related it to the Warrior Dash. There was an obstacle during the dash that I had serious doubts about. It was a very large wall, straight up and down, about 18 feet tall. (See link for the "Battleground" map; http://www.warriordash.com/register2012_oregon.php#) To climb the wall, all we had were little ledges big enough for my toes, and a rope to pull myself up. Once at the top, I had to climb over, which was only about 8 inches thick, and go back down the other side. One slip, and I would have free fallen all the way to the ground. To make the situation worse, my legs were shaking with fear! After all my freaking out...I did it!

When being faced with obstacles, it's so easy to go around them. It crossed my mind...but then, how would I have felt after the race, knowing I chickened out?! In other words, "I don't stop for obstacles, I overcome them"
For more info and videos of what a Warrior Dash is, click on this link; http://www.warriordash.com/photovideo.php

Here are a couple of my pictures from the race: Please see past the blur ;-)
Sliding down a wooden platform on our bootys
Stefan and I coming in for the kill!
Rope climb
This could be the reason my upper shoulders are sore! My dad and boyfriend on the far left of picture


Quick pic and off to run again

Nice look dad!! (on far right) After the run, covered head to toe in mud
The gang!
Me and Stefan...I strongly urged him NOT to put his arm around me because it was all muddy!
We have conquered the Oregon Warrior Dash 2012!!!
Yup, THIS is where I washed all the mud off...there were a lot of muddy bodies in this pond, can you tell!?
Have you ever competed in a mud run!? If so, where?
What are some obstacles or a time you overcame a weakness?
@Tracee (my sister)


Cheers to Being Fit N Gorgeous

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time you are and have been a big insperation over the past few years to stay fit and healthy thank you love you dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article Heather yes i am doing it next year i am so proud of you and you have been a big part of our fitness just think it all started from you making me take the job at the gym now it was the challenge i love staying fit and love all the compliments

    ReplyDelete